UHS offers savings programs that can help you protect the health of your financial future and retirement.
UHS Retirement Savings Plan
The UHS Retirement Savings Plan can help you plan and achieve your retirement goals. Joining the plan, which provides you with convenience, flexibility and excellent customer service, is an important step in preparing for the future. The UHS Retirement Savings Plan is administered by Fidelity Investments.
You’re eligible to join the plan if you:
- Are regularly scheduled to work at least 20 hours per week;
- Are age 21 or older; and
- Have worked at UHS or a UHS facility for at least 30 days.
- Convenient payroll deductions. You will be able to save from one to twenty-five percent of your pay on a pretax basis, up to the legal maximum,in a calendar year and your savings are made through convenient payroll deductions.
- Catch-up contributions. If you will be at least 50 years of age during 2014 and will be saving 25 percent of your pay, or the IRS maximum, you may make an additional “catch-up” contribution of up to the legal maximum. UHS does not match your catch-up contributions.
- UHS matching. UHS will match a portion of your savings on a pretax basis.
- Vesting. You gain ownership, or becomevested, in company matching contributions and earnings after four years of service.
- Choice of investments. You can choose from more than 20 Fidelity investment funds to invest your pretax savings and the company match funds. You can change your investment mix at any time by calling the Fidelity Retirement Benefits Line at 1-800-835-5092. You can also make changes online at www.401k.com.
- Tax-free earnings. Your savings, company matching funds and all investment earnings accumulate tax-free while in the plan.
- Loans against balances. The plan permits loans against vested account balances and, if you qualify, emergency and hardship withdrawals.
- Daily updates. The value of your account is updated at the end of each business day, so you can get current investment and account balance information via the Fidelity Retirement Benefits Line or Website.
- Pay out. Your vested account will be paid out upon normal retirement, late retirement, disability retirement, termination of employment or death.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
The UHS Employee Stock Purchase Plan gives you an easy, convenient way to share in the success of the company. You can purchase shares of UHS common stock, at a 10 percent discount, through payroll deductions.The Employee Stock Purchase Plan is administered by Fidelity.
You’re eligible to participate in the plan if you are a regularly scheduled employee who:
- Has completed 30 days of service;
- Works a minimum of 20 hours per week;
- Is not a member of a collective bargaining group unless such agreement includes participation in this plan; and
- Has attained the age of majority in the state in which you reside.
It’s important to remember that owning stock in any one company may be risky. The financial health of UHS, developments within the industry or the company itself, or simply overall market fluctuations, may cause the price of your UHS stock to rise and fall.
You can enroll, change investments, access your account balance, obtain a prospectus or get information about funds or investment performance on Fidelity’s website at www.401k.com.