Additional insurance gives employees the chance to help protect their families from financial problems should they die prematurely, or suffer a severe accident or injury.
By choosing supplemental life insurance, personal accident insurance, or short- or long-term disability, employees can rest easy knowing that if anything happens to them, their family can continue to live the lifestyle they are accustomed to living.
Among the insurance and income protection plans available to UHS employees are:
- Basic life insurance, available at no cost to the employee, that pays one (1) times their annual salary, up to $500,000.
- Accidental death & dismemberment coverage equal to one times the employee's base pay, at no cost to the employee, up to a maximum of $500,000.
- Personal accident insurance is a pre-tax benefit that pays beneficiaries if an emlpoyee dies from an accidental injury or suffers dismemberment or paralysis.
- Travel assistance services provides employees and their families with a comprehensive range of professional, personal assistance services that are available 24 hours a day whenever they face medical or legal emergencies and are traveling more than 100 miles from home, for 90 days or less.
- Short-term disability is a post-tax benefit that pays employees 60 percent of their salary for 90 or 180 days, depending on the plan they choose, if the employee is unable to work because of illness or injury.
- Long-term disability is a post-tax benefit that pays employees a percentage of their salary if they are ill or injured and cannot work for an extended period of time.
- Supplemental life insurance options are available at additional cost to the employee and pay up to seven times and employee's salary, up to $1,000,000, to let employees provide additional financial security for their family.
- Dependent life insurance allows employees to choose from among five dependent life insurance plans, if they desire, to provide additional protectio for their families.