The UHS Benefits Program offers a diverse range of healthcare, life insurance and disability benefits to help meet the needs of UHS employees and their families.
If you work at UHS, you may be eligible to choose from a comprehensive list of benefits to get those that best meet the needs of you and your family. Among the benefits available to eligible UHS employees are:
Eligibility for Benefits
Most UHS employees who are regularly scheduled to work at least 32 hours per week and are not members of a collective bargaining group are eligible for benefits. UHS employees who are covered by a collective bargaining group may be eligible if their collective bargaining agreement includes eligibility.
Part-time employees who are regularly scheduled for less than 32 hours per week may be eligible for benefits, depending on the location where they work. Check with the human resources office for eligibility requirements at specific locations.
Coverage for Dependents
UHS also allows you to choose some benefits for your eligible dependents, including your legal spouse. For medical coverage
only, UHS employees may cover their natural children, stepchildren, legally adopted children and foster children under the UHS medical plan and most other alternative health plans through the age of 25, regardless of:
- Student status
- Marital status
- Whether the child resides with or receives financial support from the employee
Employees can also get coverage other than medical plans, such as dental, vision or dependent life insurance, for eligible dependents including:
- Unmarried natural children through age 18
- Stepchildren through age 18
- Legally adopted children through age 18
- Foster children through age 18
- Unmarried dependent children, ages 19 through 22, who are full-time students and who are principally supported by you. A full-time student is one who is earning at least 12 credits per semester at an accredited college, university or school of nursing.